Thursday, July 21, 2005

being critical...

I've been challenged about being critical. I was reading the word for today and this lady said god had challenged her not to say anything critical for a day - a fast from criticism if you like. she said she felt empty and like she had nothing to say throughout the day. but as the day wore on she felt more creativity in her, and said that the critical thoughts had been closing everything off and limiting her. so I've been trying it, and it's hard work! but it is helping me realise that every time I tell a story of self pity or of someone else's mis-deeds, I'm only doing it to make myself feel better in some way. and it does leave a gap, which is great because it means it's going to get filled with something much better, and more positive, instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home