Saturday, October 13, 2007

in the words of a good friend, 'oy vey'!
man, blogging after such a long absence is a bit of a ... well, it just takes some getting round to. since last posting fran turned 32, broke his femur the next day, had a helicopter ride, had an operation, spent a week in hospital 2.5hrs from QT, experienced a couple of earthquakes, came home from hospital rather immobile on crutches while I did a lot of running round and care for the lower leg region, got more mobile, had dan & emma visit (ah, blessed relief) then got a heinous cold that left me in bed and taking fran's codine whilst still looking after fran, got better and lo and behold around 4 weeks have passed with me barely even thinking about the computer let alone getting a chance to go on it!


fran in a cage - traction

for gruesome pictures and video footage of fran's misdemeanors, check out his webpage. frankly we feel huuaaaagely blessed a broken femur was the only injury - you'll get the idea if you watch the video - and this little break in the schedule has been a chance for us to stop and assess what we're doing and think about our plans.

I've found the whole thing quite draining and a little overwhelming! our friends in QT were hugely supportive from driving me the 2.5hrs to the hospital the night of the accident, arranging accommodation for me there, cleaning my house and stocking up my woodpile to phonecalls and prayers a plenty to keep us going. a complete stranger (friend of friend of friend) put me up who was very caring and lovely. after missing sleep the first few nights, being with fran at the hospital was actually quite restful (specially after they brought me the recliner chair when they found me sleeping on the floor!) compared to coming home and then getting ill whilst looking after fran. having your spouse in a major accident is pretty scary, without that minor addition of the hospital being 100ks from home, but having a Faithful God gave both of us great peace and help in the midst of this. and I'd really like to thank you for your messages and prayers for both of us, we really appreciate them and I'm sorry if I didn't reply to you in the middle of the craziness!

things are definitely on the up though, fran's mobility is really improving so apart from driving and carrying things he's getting quite self sufficient and physio sessions have been going well - we return on tuesday to the hospital for a follow up x-ray and clinic and hope to find the bone is mending well. in the meantime we get to work out exactly how to do life in the house together for a while and fitting in exercise & physio without driving each other nuts!

I'll be back soon with pictures... in the midst of everything we're having a torrential spring but still punctuated with plenty of sunny days - right now the magnolia's are in flower and smell amazing! ooh, and that beautiful baptism spa is good therapy for fran's mobility so I'm cultivating my freckles too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your nasty accident. Glad to see that you are recovering well and my thoughts are with you both. Dave Gale

Monday, October 15, 2007 9:45:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home