Tuesday, June 12, 2007

broken glass

sunrise from our lounge last week

hello from the world of daytime infomercials! I'm back, but it's been a pretty busy time and might take me a while to blog my latest pics & news so I thought I'd post a quickie. it's trying very hard to be winter here - temperatures have dropped so much our bedroom was 5oC yesterday and long johns are a must most days, though the skifield looks decidedly patchy at the moment. my south island trip with ann was great - the weather wasn't as kind as the previous week and one day we finished tourising with our trousers sucking onto our legs they were so wet! we had a few amusing calamities on the way, one being our dodgy rent-a-dent car whose battery went flat after the first hour and performed accordingly thereafter, and my prescription sunnies breaking as we left QT, meaning I had to drive all week with my other one-armed glasses looking decidedly lopsided on my face! (I now have no in-tact glasses to wear!) we saw glaciers, pancake rocks, a LOT of rain!, fine buildings, art, a few cafe's here & there, wallabies, penguins and a petrified forest. ann's plane *just* managed to take off through the snow clouds after a final day of holiday pampering. the day after we got back a stone went through lulu's windscreen and thankfully the glass people could get a second hand one, meaning it was quarter rather than half the value of the car to replace! a day after ann's departure we met a lovely danish family, the dyhr's, who are travelling the world for a year and have a few days in queenstown - right about now peter & charlotte are skydiving and fran will be filming them! ...so come back soon for the photo highlights!

oh, and can I just say how amused I am to visit friend's blogs and see that facebook has reeled them in but still left them scratching their heads! right now I'm off to bite the bullet and put some details on my profile! see y'all soon - xxx.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

Good to have you back :-) cant wait for more cool pics from you and your man !! :-)

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:24:00 pm  
Blogger janemick said...

Hi there - good to have an update to read, but still can't get the link to your art blog to connect! The Dyhers look fun, did they enjoy their tandem jumps? love Jane

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 8:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like Jane I have not been able to get onto your art blog-is it under reconstruction? Look forward to seeing it soon. mum

Thursday, June 14, 2007 9:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home