Thursday, April 19, 2007

a little monkey monkey



well after last week's snow things have got quite warm & sunny here again. life is pootling along. the dropzone has had record numbers for april this year which means fran's being doing lots of camera work, but working almost summer length days - swings & roundabouts. on tuesday night I broke the car - by managing to pull the key out of the ignition in the on (but not running) position. we tried, to no avail, to get the key barrel to turn again, so out came the locksmith the following morning who took all of 30 seconds or so to get the key in, turn in back to off and the whole thing was working again after a jump start. I've made/fixed up curtains for our bare windows here, and it's looking pretty homely. last week I forgot about bin day. the first one was the day after we moved in, so we missed that and I had a couple of big bags of rubbish sitting outside our door... thursday morning comes and I hear the sound of the bin lorry so I dashed outside, as fast as you can in slippers, grabbed the bags and then had to run about 100m down the road in my slippers with a huge bag of rubbish in each hand before I got close enough for them to notice me! kept me amused for a while that one, and made me remember the bins this week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Chloe said...

humm Your picture reminds me of something I need to know. Do they celebrate bonfire night in NZ and If they do does Guy Fawkes ever get a mention or is it just a firework celebration? There is a reason I need to know this.

Friday, April 20, 2007 6:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home