Thursday, February 08, 2007

day of firsts


yesterday was a day of firsts. I got up to take fran to work and have the car for the day, and morning haze made a gorgeous light effect as the sun rose over the remarkables with the sharp rock edges cutting through the hazy light. and it was while trying to take pictures of this I had my first first - a 10,000+ volt shock from an electric deer fence! not only did it hurt a fair bit, but left me wibbling for about 30 mins and made a couple of nice red lines along my arm where I had unknowingly been touching the offending wire! won't be making that mistake again... my other first was far more pleasant - my first swim in the lake. I've been avoiding this because lake wakatipu is freezing and varies by 2 degrees centigrade winter to summer, fluctating around the 6 degree mark I believe. fran went with some guys after work and I'm glad to say they found a warm bit! I did not do the crazy huge rope swing or jump off the 20ft platform but did manage a nice 10 mins floating around in the 'warm' top layer before permanent goose bumps occured! might have to try and find a warmer swimming option for next time :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Chloe said...

that is an amazing picture, is it real? Actually all your pictures make it look amazing. Am enjoying reading your blog.

Friday, February 09, 2007 4:53:00 am  
Blogger Stephen said...

hehehe ;-) sorry but I bet your face was a PICTURE all of its own when you got zapped!

Friday, February 09, 2007 12:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home