Friday, December 22, 2006

feeling...

well, a little lonely to be honest. we've made some lovely friends here, but I still have a gap. it's mainly having someone who shares my faith that I can talk to about more personal stuff. people here feel pretty busy and like they don't have time or need a new friend, which may or may not be true but puts me off the pursuit a little. people often seem to first encounter me as a very confident and assured person, but I have to say it's a pretty good act as that's not how I normally feel at the time! I'm also feeling a bit like the longer we're away from our older friends the less I can call or rely on them - I should be getting on with things here... I was quite comforted to read natalie's blog about feeling homesick at christmas - this will be their 3rd(?) christmas in new zealand and makes me feel better about my miffiness. it's not all doom and gloom, but sometimes jetting off to the other side of the world isn't quite as glamorous as it seems from the comfort of 'home'.

and to change the subject completey, last week I read 100 things we didn't know this time last year on the bbc news website. the highlights which stuck with me:

  1. there are more CCTV cameras in Croydon than New York (sorry stoneys!)
  2. you are 176 times more likely to be murdered than win the national lottery
  3. 1 in 18 people has a 3rd nipple...

strange, but apparently true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home