Tuesday, May 15, 2007

facewhat?

ok, so I finally succumbed to the pressure of thousands and signed up to facebook. and all I can say is - huh?

I'm completely baffled! I've not been a big online community girl, apart from the whole blogosphere, and pretty much everything about this is alien to me. don't get me wrong, I like the communication part - being on the other side of the world you learn that different forms of communication work with different people - some like letters, some like phone calls, some like emails, some like texting, some like online messaging... so now I can add 'some like facebook', but I'm going to have to learn how it all works. at first I thought it was just some wierd canadian thing - networks, walls, groups, and tabs and pages that make NO sense to me at all! I logged on this morning to discover I'd been 'poked' and ended up in fits of giggles - a cyberspace poke foreign lands! can I edit my full name down to the name I use - no! can I find out how to feed in my blog posts - no!

I have a new language to learn. I need 'facebook for dummies'. someone tell me what it's all about, please...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i succumbed too, and i was so sure i could hold out and not get involved with it all. bad enough that i have a myspace! so now i have a myface too!

can't find you on it thought - i too have no idea how these things work!

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:33:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been totally bemused by it too - still no idea of it's point but the mystique of it is strangely addictive!. Hope you are well Jen....I'll be looking out for you in cyber country x Cathers

Saturday, May 26, 2007 1:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home