Sunday, June 17, 2007

the big clap
I'm styling myself after a section in our local ads mag tonight - you see it's 2am and I've just been out to see my neighbours... I went to sleep to the gentle baseline of a local party - 10 minutes ago I got woken up by a ridiculousy *fat* baseline shaking through my bed. perhaps foolishly, I thought in a small town like this I might be able to phone into the police station direct and tell them my problem, being half of fernhill would now be awake, but alas my nice local telephone number took me through to a central phone room where I was told I would have to call the council on monday - not too handy at that moment! so, being a girl of directness and action who doesn't deal with offending night time noise too well I got out of bed, put on a jacket, and followed my ears to the party on the basic assumption most people are nice and when asked to do something reasonable normally respond in a nice way... although I walked away to people calling after me what drugs was I on, the baseline has gone entirely and as soon as my poorly-acclimatised-to-such-late-night-actions english heart has subsided from shaking my ribcage, I will be going back to bed :)

3 Comments:

Blogger janemick said...

most DO respond reasonably but often not when en masse and drunk. I'm so sorry to hear you were shaking - hope you feel better now. love Jane & Pete. PS looking forward to seeing you in August - lots of peace and quiet here in Brittany, only the birds are likely to wake you!

Monday, June 18, 2007 8:24:00 am  
Blogger Stephen said...

YOU RUUUUUUUUUUUULE !!!! :-) Good on ya ! :-)

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:24:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we need more people like you jen who have the guts to challenge things like that-hope all is well now lobe mum & dad

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home