Saturday, July 08, 2006

happy and sad news



so, my great news is that I've just become an aunty for the first time. my eldest brother dave and his wife win had a gorgeous little girl on thurday, 2 weeks earlier than expected. she's called talia josephine. I'm so excited for them, and so gutted to be on the other side of the world. it's likely to be a year before we see them, but we'll definately be getting ourselves sorted with skype and a camera so we can do video calling!



my parents were away in wales out of reception when win went into labour and didn't find out talia was born til they drove up a hill and got a text message! how many newborns have such a cool hairstyle as my little niece, eh?



and here's the other view to the west and the remarkables as promised. I love sitting on my balcony and taking in the stillness and calm. I'm also becoming a crazy bird lady as I'm trying to get birds to feed on my balcony. a neighbours' cat likes sitting on our balcony for some reason, so I go and collect it and eject it through the front door to try to encourage it to find a different spot to hang out at. there are some sweet birds called silvereye which are about the same size as a robin but feed in groups and they have gorgeous colouring that I particularly like. here's one chirpy little chappy...



the sad news is that one of the instructors I worked with at FMA, damien, died last week ice climbing in the french alps. we worked together really regularly most of the time, but when I left the UK we had some unresolved issues, and it makes me a little more sad we didn't manage to sort them out. at times like this it's not so cool being on the other side of the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emma Andrews said...

Congratulations! She is gorgeous, what cool hair! We'll catch up soon, thinking of you, I know it's hard to be away especially at times like this.
Lots of love, Ems.xx

Monday, July 10, 2006 8:06:00 pm  
Blogger janemick said...

Congratulations aunty Jen & uncle Fran! Thalia looks to be a sweetie. Love J&P

Friday, July 14, 2006 2:25:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home