Monday, August 01, 2005

dyslexic tatoo

I was reminded of something just recently that tickled me when it happened... I have a tatoo that says 'jesus' on my lower back. I get a fuuny range of reactions from 'you religious then?' to 'do you have a south american football playing husband?', but this one just tops the lot for me. we were at chatsworth house on a very warm day, sunbathing by the river and I was in my bikini. as we went down to the river for a splash and a play we went past a little girl who saw me and said 'daddy, that girl's name is...' - thoughtful pause - 'daddy, does that say jesus or jessica?' priceless!

we've been tidying and working on our house today. last week I painted this gorgeous tealy-turquoise gloss on our doors and window lintels, and today we put new numbers, handle, knocker and letter box on our door. it looks so great, I love it. it's getting to be such a cute house. it just seems wrong that it's in a city and not a twee little village somewhere in the peaks. mind you, if that was the case it would be a lot harder to leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma Andrews said...

jen, I've found your blog, hurray!
Great encouraging and challenging reading. Thank you.

You're beautiful!

Hope to see you soon,

Lots of love, ems.xxx

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home