Monday, August 07, 2006

I'm lonely

it's so hard to meet people in this town! we know 8 people here, and 4 of those I've had a total of about 20 minutes conversation with when I was temping doing house keeping. I invited them all to my birthday dinner, and at least 4 of them can't come. poo. I have to work on some new ways of meeting people. not having friends here sucks. I'm starting to contemplate going and sitting with srangers whilst they're having their coffee just to meet them. would that be wierd?

miff.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

hey jen, sorry to hear you're feeling lonely. sending you big hugs from sheffield!
i don't think it would be wierd to sit with strangers- they can always tell you to go away if they're not bothered about the company. Who knows, the Lord moves in mysterious ways after all!
Do you have any requests for stuff from blighty for a birthday parcel!? Let me know!
Abigail x
ps. did you get my email?

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:42:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen, sorry to hear you are sad, we are thinking about you! Tried to send emails but all were returned as undeliverable - let me know what address to use. Happy Birthday love Jane & Pete

Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:28:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's just about the 9th still here so I reckon it's ok to say happy birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope you and Fran have fun in Rose...

love and happiness
lisa
x

Thursday, August 10, 2006 11:50:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen and Fran.
Happy Birthday. Re loneliness, have you tried joining a local church. It might just be God's answer.

God bless
Andrew Allan-Johns

Saturday, August 12, 2006 4:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home