Friday, August 11, 2006

well hello there!



my first self portrait with my new camera!

I had a really nice birthday... fran got up (early) with me in the morning and we had brekkie together and opened some cards, then terri (my only female friend here) took me our for a speedy 30 min lunch, then I got home and opened more pressies and cards and we had JP round for dinner and played cluedo. it was quite nice that no-one else made it as we know each other well so it was relaxed and easy. I've just opened my last present - a slimline camera from my family which I'm looking forward to slipping in my back pocket and being able to take pics wherever takes my fancy. photo montage coming after our weekend away...

so I have some prayer requests if you like praying or fancy giving it a try:

fran's job - it would be FANTASTIC if fran could get onto camera asap. he is good enough and has all the right kit but it would mean jumping the queue a bit. that's not unheard of but he just needs to get noticed. currently there are 6 cameramen and they need 9 in the summer so it's definately possible, with a little favour...

my job - I've been given 2 weeks notice at the real estate place. was a little suprising but not too upsetting as I'm not very into the job. thing is there isn't much work about so a good job for me would be fab. I'm thinking about instructing again, and I'd quite like to do 4 days a week so I have time to create.

this weekend's weather - it's supposed to ming for our weekend away - rain/sleet/snow/winds - which is not cool! at least passable weather and the chance to get out for a walk without taking a wet weather shower would be nice!

our unit - 6 weeks in and we still don't have a 2nd bedroom meaning no creative space, boxes still unpacked etc. we're now going to the tenancy tribunal to get a work order and compensation but it's a drag and just getting the place fixed would be much quicker and easier.

well thanks!!! anything you'd like us to pray for?

and finally - thanks for my birthday cards/messages/presents/flowers - I did not feel one little bit like a loner with no mates, I felt very special. sorry if I've not emailed you yet, been a bit swamped but it's on my list!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ant said...

HAPPY BRITHDAY JEN! WE MISS YOU!!!

Friday, August 11, 2006 9:44:00 pm  
Blogger Rad said...

Glad you had a great birthday, love you, miss you xxx

Saturday, August 12, 2006 6:06:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a great picture of you.
i love it
miss you too
lisa
x

Saturday, August 12, 2006 11:42:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jen.... it's cathryn from nc!!! USA..... how you be you beautiful woman of God..... love to you..... you can reach my peutity at selahcatherine@gmail.com I changed a while back.... so hook me up with yours...
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo cathryn and phil

Thursday, August 24, 2006 2:40:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops, sorry sorry sorry! I didn't know/forgot/am rubbish!

It sounds like you had a nice birthday though, which is the main thing.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 12:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home