Monday, October 09, 2006

all change

in the last few days we've gone from this...


enjoying some sun in the park

and this...


tss earnslaw cruises into queenstown quay

to this...


brand new white stuff!

we had a week of wet at the start of spring, but since then the sun's been out most days encouraging the freckles and making afternoons pretty balmy. locals assured us there's always a late snowfall, but we didn't really believe them. then on sunday we went for coffee in one of our favorite cafe's, vudu, which serves the best french toast, bacon & grilled banana breakfast ever...


cafe vudu complete with fairy lights and local artworks

we parked our car in town, and came back to a small pond...


lulu gets a bit soppy

then I open the curtains this morning to sleet and zero visibility, and all this snow! almost all of winter's snow had melted and I'm quite happy to have some more around. the mountains here are starting to perk up with spring colour but they still have an overall dull brownness to them and the new snow's a good facelift. more snow again tonight and the snow fields will be wishing they didn't just close on sunday!

I've been doing as much temping as possible so I have at least a few bucks to buy a coffee on my trip to texas, which is swiftly approaching. it's a little worrying that I'll be so far away from fran for almost 2 weeks, but with the wonders of skype we'll be able to talk & see each other which will be great.

so still pootling along, getting a little more sorted and I've made a few more friends recently which is really nice - tomorrow we're going for coffee together so they can meet each other. getting settled into a new place is a trick I think I'll be learning as this town, whilst great in many ways, just doesn't feel like home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

flooding in nz! I hear my calling!

jen, your hair looks loooovely.

have some french toast (minus bacon)for me.

miss you

Lx

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:59:00 am  
Blogger Stephen said...

man that is some crazy assed weather you have out there!!! Nice to see new posts on both your blogs :-) did you make some massive waves with your car??????

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:24:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home