Sunday, August 28, 2005

whew, it's been a long time. being in france for a week and working flat-out on our house for two weeks so it's ready for viewings being the reasons for no bloggings.

now, I have to reccomend to you http://uk.news.yahoo.com/133/ the yahoo oddly enough news pages. (anyone wanting to give me a tutorial on how to use the hyperlink button on blogger please do so, I'm completely flummoxed.) they lighten my heart after reading the regular news. full marks to one mayor in Budepest who wants female employees to only wear short skirts if they're legs are perfect, andgives a sliding scale for tight dernier depending on the season. then there's the guys who calls the cops because some people stole the drugs he was growing. there's always a mix of the wierd and wonderful. the one I love most, and may always love the most, is the couple in cornwall who hired and rowing boat to get a little nookie, only to have people on the beach think their cries of passion were cries of distress and called out the coast guard to recue them. a timeless classic in my opinion.

we've worked so hard on our house, and it looks great and feels great to be in - tidy, clean, clear spaces. but I've not had time to think yet. we did go for a quick walk today. it was the walk of purple. first we came upon masses of bilberries and blackberries, and stained our hands and tongues pinky-blue as we munched. then we came to an area so full of flowering heather that most of my vision was filled with purpley-mauve. a very strange experience when you are walking in the middle of nature, to be surrounded by purpleness. I liked it. I would have liked to dwell there but there were masses of flies with big dangly legs, and whilst I didn't mind them somebody else did. I may return just to take it in.

1 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

i put up oh ttai how to do the link thing (took a few attempts!), or you could just try the help bit on blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:53:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home