Friday, November 18, 2005

good night's sleep

well as far as it goes anyway. we have the lounge/kitchen above our heads so there's a good number of bumps in the night. we went to bed at 8 and got up at 9, fran slept really well at least and he needs it the most. the place we're staying is cool. it really has every colour you could imagine - lots of yellow gloss, and pink, purple, green, blue with white paint all over the place. it's very ramshackle - sofas in the garden, bedding of every description, nooks and crannies. it's so like austin, tx, in the spring I feel really at home. coming in to the airport was wierd - not having been before or knowing the country but coming into the place that would be my home. I'm really looking forward to finding our camper so I can make home there. living out of bags isn't really my kind of deal, not without a nest to return to. the auckland bit we went into was nice. found a great cafe called mecca we had a late lunch of fresh bread & dips and olive/tomato/feta salad, beautiful, it's my first reccomendation. we also found a borders bookshop with as many floors as a rabbit warren. oh, and did I mention the cafes, cafes, cafes - endless cafes....bliss! got to try 'the strawberry alarm clock' nearby soon.

I have a cold, which really isn't suprising as we worked flat out for the last month or so and have been pooped. prayers for good sleep would be appreciated as sounds whilst I'm trying to sleep can really wind me up and I do need some rest. well, we have to go find breakfast now. love you england...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to hear you have arrived safely!
its sounds like you r really enjoing NZ.We miss u ,will b praying .take care gd bless, dan and sovce

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:37:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have an amazing time out there..Val Austen

Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home