Thursday, November 17, 2005

we've arrived!

as I type my head is almost nodding off in my lap I'm so tried - we've had 2 nights very little sleep in transit, but hopefully that'll really help avoid jetlag. we had a GREAT journey - beautiful check-in by BA, who weren't able to book us onto our international flights leaving very little time at heathrow to transfer and book, but cathay pacific already had us in a pair of window seats so we got window and isle seast next to eachother for both long hops.

so we're in our little hostel, very cool, much like spiderhouse coffee place in austin for those of you who know it. our twin room has a double and single bed and is quiet and out of the way with fern and trees outside our window, and the so promised bright colour paint is everywhere. we got in at 3pm from the airport and went straight into town for some food & to keep ourselves going til bed-time (giving up soon, it's almost 8pm!). I'm really liking NZ - it's very American in feel on the roads which are wide and signed at all corners and continuously lush and green. the road we walked into town on had lots of coffee shops and funky boutiques. the city jut felt very fresh and alive and not at all concretey. tomorrow we'll return to town and take cheesy pictures by the big tower and contemplate going up tall things and then finding heh quickest way down again!

j x

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and so it begins.....

good luck!

love pete

Thursday, November 17, 2005 10:59:00 pm  
Blogger Abigail said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you've arrived safely! Thank you for your text before you left, sorry I didn't reply but my battery died and I didn't pick it up in time.

It feels very wierd that you've gone, I remain convinced I'll bump into you in a couple of months, but I'm sure reading your blog and hearing all the amazing things you're going to get up to will make it more real. It's great to hear that you're off to a funky start! Wish I could join you for coffee, but I' guess that'll have to wait for a bit.
Hope you have a smooth landing and an amazing time!
We miss you! You guys rock!
lots of love, Abigail and Rob x

ps. were you behind a mysterious envelope that landed on our doorstep on tuesday? if so, thank you very much!

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:33:00 am  
Blogger Ant said...

Great to hear from you guys. I felt so sad when you left and popped into your room and saw it was all bare and felt even sadder. BUT, glad to hear you're having a good time. Am thinking of you lots, Caroline x

Friday, November 18, 2005 2:46:00 am  
Blogger jen mickelborough said...

hey abigail, got nothiong to do with your envelope - interesting! and ant, sorry for the little random bits we left behing without sorting,a dn thanks for being great hosts! remeber how you said wouldn't it be funny if we took that letter for the dval to post and forgot and found it in nz...? well, we have it you monkey, I'm sure you made that happen! so the dvla will get post from nz!

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home