Monday, November 21, 2005

lichen on the sidewalk...

that's how clean it is here, even in a city - lichen in the trees and on the sidewalk where feet tend not to tread. and yes, american words are creeping in more as there's just an american feel here, in a good way.

so something I wanted to post since leaving sheffield was this:

it will be hard leaving sheffield because there are so many amazing people squeezed into it. but that will make it easier too, because there are too many people I value and want to spend time with and unless all I do is see people it's just not possible to give value to all those people. I've so often felt there are so many people and not enough time to see them. so sheffield I will mourn you, but also I will be freer and able to enter a place of with a more normal level of people around me.

now let's see if I can go and persuade fran to take me to dinner at the top of the sky tower in the orbit restaurant. dinner at 290m, mmm.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dudes. Sorry I missed your farewell party, was working that weekend unfortunately. Good to hear about your adventures on here. Hope you found a safe home for your vee-dub, Dave G!

Monday, November 21, 2005 9:33:00 pm  
Blogger dan said...

did rach give you that article from the paper about camper vanning in nz? i didn't read it so it might be crap but i hope there's some fun things in it you might not have known about

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:30:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home